I grew up a gun-hating, military-hating Hippy liberal in a tiny town in the middle of Missouri. After a series of challenges to my world-view during my college years, I have changed my politics 180 degrees (to a conservative/libertarian independent) and switched religions at least four times (from evangelical Christian to atheist to Buddhist to Gnostic to Apostolic/liturgical Christian).
I am a career military man and law enforcement officer, and have traveled around the world, especially the middle-east and southeast Asia (where I lived for three years). Today I am an avid martial artist, powerlifter, and shooting sports enthusiast living in southwest Missouri.
I hold a Bachelor’s degree (summa cum laude) in Multidisciplinary Studies and an Associate’s degree in Psychology. I am a professional digital artist, a published poet, an Eagle Scout and a Master Freemason. Prior to the Federal shutdown of 2013, I had been in the process of certification to teach high school math and physics (thanks for that, Democrat Party).
Any opinions which I offer here–or anywhere else–are mine, and mine alone.
- Full-time Correctional Officer since 2012
- Eight years in the U.S. Marine Corps as a Military Policeman, Primary Marksmanship Instructor, and Rifleman
- Seventeen years in the Missouri Army National Guard as a Military Policeman (Now Retired)
- Contracted Armed Security overseas and Nuclear Security in-CONUS
- Security details for President George W. Bush and Prime Minister Obuchi Keizo of Japan
- Martial Arts Certifications
- Four years of training in Hwarang-Do under the late Franklin Fowlkes
- Awarded honorary red-and-black belt in the Five Elements Martial Arts System which Grandmaster Fowlkes later founded
- Three years of training in Shorin-ryu karate under Grandmasters Shimabukuro Eizo and Fusei Kise while stationed on Okinawa with the U. S. Marine Corps
- Trained in Hapkido and Taekwondo while in Korea with the U.S. Army
- Earned Instructor-Candidate status in the SinaTirsiaWali Kali-Silat system of MasGuru Greg Allend
- Firearms Trainer Certifications
- MOS 5811, Military Police (1995-2002) USMC
- MOS 8531, Primary Marksmanship Instructor (1997-2002) USMC
- MOS 31B30, Military Police Squad Leader (2003-2019) U.S. Army
- Excellence-In-Competition, Rifle, Bronze Award U.S. Army
- Excellence-In-Competition, Pistol, Bronze Award U.S. Army
- Pistol Expert NRA/Winchester MTP
- Rifle Expert NRA/Winchester MTP
- Shotgun Sharpshooter NRA/Winchester MTP
- Basic Pistol Instructor NRA
- Home Firearms Safety Instructor NRA
- Refuse to be a Victim Instructor NRA
- Force-on-Force Instructor KR Training