I grew up a gun-hating, military-hating Hippy liberal in a tiny town in the middle of Missouri. After a series of challenges to my world-view during my college years, I have changed my politics 180 degrees (to a conservative/libertarian independent) and switched religions at least four times (from evangelical Christian to atheist to Buddhist to Gnostic to Apostolic/liturgical Christian).
I am a career military man and law enforcement officer, and have traveled around the world, especially the middle-east and southeast Asia (where I lived for three years). Today I am an avid martial artist, powerlifter, and shooting sports enthusiast living in southwest Missouri.
I hold a Bachelor’s degree (summa cum laude) in Multidisciplinary Studies and an Associate’s degree in Psychology. I am a certified Personal Fitness Trainer (NESTA), a published poet, an Eagle Scout and a Master Freemason. Prior to the Federal shutdown of 2013, I had been in the process of certification to teach high school math and physics (thanks for that, Democratic Party).
Any opinions which I offer here–or anywhere else–are mine, and mine alone.
- Full-time Correctional Officer
- Eight years in the U.S. Marine Corps as a Military Policeman, Primary Marksmanship Instructor, and Rifleman
- Fifteen years in the Missouri Army National Guard as a Military Policeman
- Decorated competitive military marksman (EIC Award, Bronze Crossed Pistols and Bronze Crossed Rifles)
- Contracted Armed Security overseas and Nuclear Security in CONUS
- Security details for President George W. Bush and Prime Minister Obuchi Keizo of Japan
- Four years of training in Hwarang-Do under the late Franklin Fowlkes
- Awarded honorary red-and-black belt in the Five Elements Martial Arts System which Grandmaster Fowlkes later founded
- Three years of training in Shorin-ryu karate under Grandmasters Shimabukuro Eizo and Fusei Kise while stationed on Okinawa with the U. S. Marine Corps
- Trained in Hapkido and Taekwondo while in Korea with the U.S. Army
- Earned Instructor-Candidate status in the SinaTirsiaWali Kali-Silat system of MasGuru Greg Allend
- Multi-discipline NRA Trainer
- Rated Expert in NRA/Winchester Marksmanship Qualification Program with Rifle and Pistol; Marksman with Shotgun